Sunday, October 21, 2012

I have a story to tell you


I’ve been absent from my blogs for a while. Partially it was due to some of Dustin’s work stuff (long story), but mostly I’ve been silent because I’ve been struggling with clinical depression.

From the beginning of this process, I wrestled with how to explain this to people. I could keep silent and keep my story to myself and my family. I didn’t want to be the person who used depression as an excuse. I didn’t want to tell my story the wrong way and have others pity me.  

In the next few days I would like to describe how depression affects me. Through my story, I hope that you will see that depression is not just having a lot of sad days. It is scary and humbling, but it is making me a stronger person. I’m glad for the personal change.
Please enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment